Doctor of Philosophy candidate in psychology and education, University of Queensland
2011 Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), Griffith University
2000 Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology, University of Queensland
1993 Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology with Distinction, University of Queensland
1991 Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland
Professional Memberships and Registration
General Registration and Educational and Developmental Endorsement – Psychology Board of Australia PSY0001399005
Member – Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Member – APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychology
Approved Supervisor – Psychology Board of Australia (5+1, Registrar Program, Higher Degree Program, Work in Addition to Higher Degree)
Kathryn is an AHPRA registered Educational and Developmental Psychologist. With teaching qualifications as well, Kathryn has combined strengths in psychology, education and leadership with over 20 years’ experience in clinical and organisational settings.
Kathryn completed her training in Educational and Developmental Psychology at the University of Queensland, a university with an excellent reputation for teaching Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and other evidence-based therapies. She brings a wealth of experience working with clients across the lifespan and presenting with a range of concerns. Kathryn also has a particular interest and applies her expertise to working with corporate clients, having 10 years’ experience leading a multi-disciplinary team committed to excellence and continuous improvement in a large, complex, multi-layered organisation.
Not only does Kathryn strive to inspire a love of learning, she is involved in the process of life-long learning through her PhD research project focused on “Conditions for Learning: Maximising Engagement for Wellbeing and Learning in Schools” at the University of Queensland. She has attained accreditation in coaching, leadership development, advanced level Acceptance and Commitment Training and change management.
Kathryn is a warm, caring and professional psychologist. She has great respect for each person’s openness and courage as they proactively work through their concerns. She partners with each client to choose the best therapeutic model to ensure an individual and tailored approach. Feedback is invited during therapy to ensure satisfaction with the direction taken in sessions.
Kathryn provides professional supervision and team coaching for adults seeking:
- Consultancy, supervision and professional learning
- Professional supervision for psychologists, school counsellors, guidance counsellors
- Professional supervision for registrar program provisional and registered psychologists
- Critical incident intervention consultancy
- Social emotional competence consultancy
- Evidence based practice, skills and knowledge development
- Ethical legal requirements and management
Kathryn also provides counselling and mental health services for adults, children and families with:
- Mood disorders (stress, anxiety and depression)
- Parenting and behavioural concerns
- Identity and adjustment issues (gender, self-esteem, school and work transitions)
- Relationship difficulties (conflict, separation and divorce)
- Kathryn does not offer bulk-billed services (full fees apply)
24 Oxford Street
P: (07) 3162 8448
F: (07) 3161 9138
Copyright 2018 Scope Clinical & Educational Services Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Lacoudhir