Doctor of Philosophy candidate in psychology and education, University of Queensland
2011 Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary), Griffith University
2000 Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology, University of Queensland
1993 Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology with Distinction, University of Queensland
1991 Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland
Professional Memberships and Registration
General Registration and Educational and Developmental Endorsement – Psychology Board of Australia PSY0001399005
Member – Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Member – APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychology
Approved Supervisor – Psychology Board of Australia (5+1, Registrar Program, Higher Degree Program, Work in Addition to Higher Degree)
Kathryn is a registered psychologist with endorsement in Educational and Developmental Psychology. With teaching qualifications as well, Kathryn has combined strengths in psychology and education and over 20 years’ experience in clinical and organisational settings.
Kathryn completed her training in Educational and Developmental Psychology at the University of Queensland, a university with an excellent reputation for teaching Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and other evidence-based therapies. She brings a wealth of experience working with clients across the lifespan and presenting with a range of concerns. Kathryn also has a particular interest and applies her expertise to working with corporate clients, having 10 years’ experience leading a multi-disciplinary team committed to excellence and continuous improvement in a large, complex, multi-layered organisation.
Not only does Kathryn strive to inspire a love of learning, she is involved in the process of life-long learning through her PhD research project focused on “Conditions for Learning: Maximising Engagement for Wellbeing and Learning in Schools” at the University of Queensland. She has attained accreditation in coaching, leadership development, advanced level Acceptance and Commitment Training and change management.
Kathryn is a warm, caring and professional psychologist. She has great respect for each person’s openness and courage as they proactively work through their concerns. She partners with each client to choose the best therapeutic model to ensure an individual and tailored approach. Feedback is invited during therapy to ensure satisfaction with the direction taken in sessions.
Kathryn’s specialist Workplace Wisdom services include:
- Consultancy, supervision and professional learning services.
- Professional supervision for psychologists, school counsellors, guidance counsellors
- Professional supervision for registrar program provisional and registered psychologists
- Critical incident intervention consultancy
- Social emotional competence consultancy
- Evidence based practice, skills and knowledge development
- Ethical legal requirements and management
- Psychological consultancy
Kathryn’s specialist Healthy Wellbeing services include:
- Adjustment and transition concerns
- Career development and career transition
- Conflict between young people and parents
- Coping (divorce/separation; learning difficulties; low self-esteem; relationship difficulties)
- Emotional, social, cognitive and behavioural growth throughout life
- Identity issues and the transition to adulthood
- Managing a child’s difficult temperament
- Mid-life concerns or entering a different phase of life
- Mental health and wellbeing concerns
- Parenting concerns
- School to work transitions
- Transition to school, or from one phase of education to another
- Work stress
24 Oxford Street
P: (07) 3162 8448
F: (07) 3161 9138
Copyright 2018 Scope Clinical & Educational Services Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Lacoudhir